Saturday, August 16, 2008

UGH!

My mom's best friend and best friend's daughter came up from an hour away to have lunch with us yesterday.

As we were walking down the street in West Hartford, CT yesterday, we passed by a woman in her mid to late 20s, holding the hand of her four or five year old (presumably) daughter. On the mother's t shirt was the slogan "I got the SKILLS to pay the BILLS." Un-freaking-believable. Don't even try to pass that off as an innocent pun. Puh-lease.

That's all I've got for now.

5 comments:

Juicy said...

I really don't see whats so disgusting about that...

Gavrich said...

Perhaps I'm cynical, but to me it really implies that the mother would turn tricks "those being the 'skills'" in order to, well, pay the bills.

Juicy said...

You could take it like that, but that phrase can be taken as one of womens empowerment just as easily as it can one of hookerdom. And besides, how do you know it wasn't a cousin/aunt/sister/babysitter? You're assuming a bit much...

Tazeen said...

i thought it was a feminist slogan !!!!

k.ann said...

I think its pretty disgusting.
Once you have kids the right to wear printed tees goes out the window.
Especially when said tee shirt hints to working the corner in order to pay the bills.

I agree with you babe :)