Sunday, September 14, 2008

Behaving (Gentle)Manly--Whoa! Post #100

I have now arrived lethargically in the triple digits for numbers of posts. Hoorah.

Did I miss a memo somewhere? When did it become socially acceptable to--in a place where we supposedly are groomed to become gentlemen--speak vulgarly in the presence of a lady? I feel as though I have heard an awful lot of crass words said with ladies present, and I for one find it detrimental to one's image as a "gentleman."

That, and being totally disrespectful and noisy to a young lady working a Taco Bell drive-through window late at night, while the driver of the vehicle (who is doing people a favor) tries in vain to promote a sense of order.

A rather lackluster hundredth post, but it's 1:30 AM. Could be worse.

Good night y'all.

4 comments:

Juicy said...

Gavrich, I mean this in the best way.

SERIOUSLY?

That kind of shitty attitude about cussing is purley motherfucking sexist (be it well intentioned or not) and does nothing but encourage an already out-dated, pointless and all over douchey gender binary generated by assholes, cunts, and fucktards.

: D

surley you remember our joyous days in AP US...

Anonymous said...

Tim, it always makes me smile when you tell the boys around me not to speak that way in front of me. You are a true gentleman. :)

OSK said...

As far as I'm concerned, members of both genders should be treated in the same regard (hopefully kindly). That said, I'm not above sharing my vulgar humor with women if I would do so in the case of men, so long as it never reaches actual insult or degradation.

k.ann said...

I happen to love that you're such a gentlemen.

Keep on :)