Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Political Insanity

Most people know that I lean center-right when it comes to politics. I believe in limited federal government by default, rather than tax/spend/grow government. On social issues, I'm fairly moderate--I don't favor overturning Roe v Wade anytime soon, and I can live with same-sex marriage. Take me or leave me as such a person.

Anyway, for who-knows-whatever reason, I follow ultra-cnservative talk show host Laura Ingraham on Twitter (my Twitter name is timgolf2002, incidentally; follow me!). A few days ago, she linked to a post on a conservative blog that shows a picture of President Obama apparently bowing while shaking the hand of the mayor of Tampa, Florida. I don't know how appropriate such a gesture is for the POTUS, but I assure you that some people feel very, very strongly about it. The post was amended, no doubt due to some comments that called our Presiident a "retard," among other inappropriate words. Sure, I don't agree with a whole lot he has done in the last year and ten days or so, but I am not okay with the right-wing vitriol that seems to be cropping up in places. It isn't helpful.

End of frustrated-conservative rant.

No comments: